Help for MPA students at ASU, and class speakers

Discussion Board Help for MPA students at ASU, and class speakers

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Good Morning,

Some of you probably know that I will be replacing George Pettit at ASU this August as coordinator of the Marvin Andrews Fellows program. I will also be teaching PAF 523 The City and County Manager.

I wanted to reach out to you to say that my students might be contacting you. Each is required to interview a manager to learn about the role of the manager and issues facing your community. They are also required to attend one of your council or board meetings.

The class is limited to 20 students, so some 20 of you might be contacted. Please — if you are contacted by an MPA student — I hope you will be kind and accommodating. These are such strange times. Imagine facing Covid as a grad student and at the start of your career. Perhaps you can meet via Zoom or some other method if in-person meetings are not preferred.

I will also be looking for some guest speakers. Please let me know if you might be interested in that. The class meets Wednesday evenings. (Plans are that it will still be in person, but that of course could change.)

Thank you for your help as we work to ensure the next generation of our profession.

Sincerely,

Cynthia Seelhammer
      cseelham@asu.edu
      928-707-0950

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.